1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, going F2P really revives the game!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

The greedy part comes when this desire, and drive for more profit actually ends up costing them more in the end by driving away customers, so they end up inconveniencing and gimping existing customers to attempt to force them to spend more to make up the loss..Something PA is notorious for.

2. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Sea monster hunt really hurt the game for sure but I stand by saying that if you are willing to throw tens of thousands at the game, you deserve to be highly geared. 1: You are supporting the game much more than the people who spend little to no money at all. 2: You probably don't have the time to grind 24/7 (like I don't have that kind of time either because I have an actual busy life). 3: You work hard for it IRL and not on a video game in a virtual world that doesn't mean anything. 4: It's a massive waste of money and a HUGE money sink to p2w to endgame gear so true p2w whales are very very rare.

The_Doughnut and AZzalor like this.
  3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Only if the increased cost of items can't balance out the lost customers.
    As long as they do more money this way than they would be being more moderate but having more players, it works well for them.

4. TeRRoRibleOne

The people who paid for those payouts and for grinding services don't deserve their gear at all, they literally cheated by the TOS of the game. And then on top of that when they bought those payouts they were supporting people who literally hacked sea monsters to make that money which in turn also ruined even that OP content for players trying to do it. So you just said you support cheating.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Oh, it will always balance. Its a digital good, they can pretty much print money backed by gambling addicts. All they gotta do is adjust the ingame advantage given.
    People underestimate the power of harnessing a diseased populous, then taking advantage of it.

6. Chaos Ronin

I agree and I'm talking about the people who p2w through selling pearl items to the rest of the players. I hate the fact people could pay for payouts and use grinding services. If you actually got that from what I said you are clearly an idiot because i already mentioned i never supported sea monster hunting.

7. Nextgengame

Well as you rise the price the demand decreases, so if you lead your company right, then you not just rise it until nobody buys it anymore, but find out the optimal price, where you make the most profit.
    IE: lol is much cheaper than bdo is, but it makes so much money that you can't even compare them...

Probably even wow is cheaper despite subscription, yet make more money.

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

"4: It's a massive waste of money and a HUGE money sink to p2w to endgame gear so true p2w whales are very very rare."

Actually..they are not rare. And this has been proven time and again. I mean I agree with everything else you said aside from this one lil tidbit. They are as common as gas stations in any town, they are by no means rare at all. Not only that, but cost making the difference makes no since..are you saying that if it was cheaper you would have a problem with it?

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  9. Chaos Ronin

I would have a problem with it if it were cheaper actually but that's because more people would do it than they do now. Essentially that would kill the game because progression to endgame would be so much easier and more accessible, therefore shortening the life of the game. I have paid money into this game from day one and roughly spent 20k USD to this date. Now, that is not a bank breaking amount of money but it's a fair amount I'm sure you would agree. I am nowhere near endgame gear (622gs) and this is why I assume the true "endgame geared" players are few and far between. Those that just straight paid for it I mean. That being said, maybe "endgame gear" has a different meaning to you than it does to me?

AZzalor likes this.
  10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

..That by no means shortens the life of a good game. If thats an issue it only speaks of the lack of actual depth this game has. I dont see a problem with more accessibility for people to reach PEN gear then it is now, and may be the reason for such balance issues cause nothing can be balanced till the majority of the populous has reached end gear.

If the game has P2w..the affordability does not matter..but that is just my opinion as well.

#150 Kynreaa, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  11. Chaos Ronin

I don't think I agree with that because this is an mmo. They need time to create and release harder and harder content and if everyone can reach the end game gear easier. then they don't have time to develop higher grade content fast enough. I don't look at pen armor and weapons as end game gear personally and end game to me means actual end game as in full pen with caphras where you can not go any higher. The end of progression so to speak.

AZzalor likes this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Well, for me thats when PvP begins to shine if done correctly. Thats PvP via combat, different rankings, lifeskill junk, running a guild, world shaping, etc etc. End game used to be just max level...its morphed now into max level gear, enhancement now being manditory etc etc...making it take longer to get to the destination is something i never liked being labeled as "content".

13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes, which is why i said, as long as the increased price can even out or even increase their revenue, it makes sense. Until you reach a point where increasing it further would decrease your profits.

You can't really compare any mmo to wow as wow is the market leader and lives of the nostalgia. If wow was released today in the form it is now, it would just die as most other mmos did.

14. zeezero

We also limit how companies can operate. We have legislation in place that says they can't put up fraudulent advertising for instance. There are many many laws that real world companies fall under. Their "greed" is limited by the law.

Those laws don't carry over into the gaming world. So once you trade your dollars for pearls it's the wild west.
    I'll agree, maybe the term greedy isn't the best term but please come up with something more appropriate and I will use it.

It doesn't change my point.

15. Vanraven

There is no real reason a new player should stick with BDO. Unless they are a future whale or person who plays BDO like a full time job. New casual players gain nothing from BDO.

Fearless V likes this.
  16. The_Doughnut

I have spent exactly $1080 on this game. Specifically each month for a Value Pack. I have bought my three characters i mainly play at least one costume and a campsite. As well as three sets of weapon exchange coupons over time. After calculating that just now, I did shed a tear thinking about the other useless items I could have bought with that money. LMAO! But someone will judge me for the price i paid for my Santa Cruz and Specialized mountain bike I have hanging in my garage. It's what I enjoy and money I earned.

However, those geared whales you are referring to are kind of rare. At least in my eyes. I have honestly played against a few in Node Wars. I am no where near a Siege guild player, so I wouldn't know how many are on that level. Most Siege guild people I just associate with SMH exploits or whales. I probably shouldn't, but I do. In my world of BDO, I see the whales as 1% of my daily population. I don't grind where they are, I don't do the content that they do, so I can't say I see them everywhere. I also know it's probably boring as hell if you have full PEN gear. There isn't anything to do but PVP, and even then that still isn't satisfying. What I do know for a fact is; I do not have ten hours a day during the week and thirty six hours on the weekend, to play a video game to be "end game geared". I am literally 260/308 Nouver and consider myself a casual player with a real life.

THANK YOU! I said this earlier when someone tried comparing BDO to WOW and then to The Witcher and other console games. "Classic WoW" is only popular right now because of the nostalgia. Not because it is the greatest game to ever be created. People want to go back to when there timeline was most fun. Here is another analogy that I feel directly explains our opinion on Classic WoW. It's like narcotics. Once you get that first high, it is mind blowing if that is your thing. If you choose to chase it again, you will be disappointed because the same type and quantity of narcotic will not have the same affect. You need more of it to chase the same high, never being fully satisfied. Enter MMORPG's and never truly being satisfied after that first one that took you by storm. You keep moving on and can't find that same high again.

Chaos Ronin and AZzalor like this.
  17. The_Lord

it's safe to say that most of them won't last because it's not the type of mmo that everyone enjoy , but what you just said is some really stupid conspiracy bs lol, have you tried making a new char and see the hundreds of new players in lowbie area on olvia ? i get it you hate the game but you just sound really stupid right now lol.
    Also you underestimate the impact that f2p has on a game , it's not about the price, even if BDO was 2$ before it would be the same, it's the fact that some people (mostly younger teenagers) don't have a credit cards or any way to buy anything online, so even if it's 2$ they can't play , so being free will always bring a massive influx of players no matter what game it is.

there is a difference between a p2w whale and someone who spend money on a game that they enjoy which happens to be their main hobby and play multipple hours everyday. Just because there is p2w doesn't mean you have to p2w but if you play the game alot and enjoy it , you will most likely spend money on conveniance stuff that's just normal for most gamers.

The problem is mainly people that complain about every single thing in the cash shop in every game assuming they deserve 1000s of hours of entertainement for free lol.

Chaos Ronin and The_Doughnut like this.
  18. Dalenos

I have agreed with the poster here if people can't even afford 10$ to buy the game then most of them won't spend a dime on this game. They are basically crowding the game once they realize how things really are the majority of them will dip fast. Sure a couple might stay spend money but the majority will leave.

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Khondo

Nobody has yet to convince me I win anything if I pay.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  20. Dalenos

Hey pay enough eventually you do win just keep using that plastic until you get PEN. What you think peeps melt costumes for cron stones for the fun of it o.O

:D:D:D

Fearless V likes this.