1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation XIGNCODE, high cpu usage.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Nyseth, May 3, 2017.

1. WoolyDub

having this issue as well. can we please get a fix for this or acknowledgment that this is a known thing and you're working on it? this issue coupled with the current server issues is really beginning to sour me on this game.

2. Ryuuou

If you send in a ticket, they will say they are aware of the issue and it has been forwarded to the dev team (that's the response that I got). I think someone else got a similar answer.

This was the original thread I posted in the 'old' forums.
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/140858-xigncode3-cpu-usage/

The issue is that they aren't announcing anything at all in the forums...and it's been a whole month with this issue which does have monetary impact as it wastes a ton of cpu cycles. i really hope they eventually get better at communicating with the users and/or play their own game so they can see what is going on.

3. Snowden

still alive D:<D:<D:<D:< (week 4)
    fixed when?

4. Andromeada

are the devs even working on this?

5. Snowden

still alive D:<D:<D:<D:< D:<(week 5)
    fixed when?

6. DAOWAce

Since it only happens on W7 I installed W10 to test things out.

This is potentially the cause of the absurd freezing issues I've been having, as testing the game under windows 10 revealed and there's no problem with XIGNCODE, and no freezing anymore.

Being forced to use Windows 10 just to play a single game is not something I can justify.. and there's still no fix released.

The anti-cheat software needs to be removed until a fix is in place. This issue is unacceptable.

Edit: This is the freezing I'm talking about: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152900112 (edit: video auto-purged, forgot to save it as a highlight)

Sorry about the horrid quality.. that's supposed to be 6500kbps with NVENC, but it clearly compresses like arse. Still, there's no frame drops with it, and all the skipping you see is directly from the game and what I experience.

It renders the game nearly unplayable.

FWIW, I'm running a 6850K, 1080 Ti, 32GB 2800MHz RAM and 1TB 850 Evo. Tested out a RAM drive to no avail.

This is unfixable on our end. The only workaround is to use Windows 10. Unacceptable.

#86 DAOWAce, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. Geglash

Time for the good old nudge. No recognition, no improvement.

8. Snowden

still alive D:<D:<D:<D:< D:<D:<(week 6)
    fixed when?

9. Spillux

I don't get it? For me this game runs perfectly!

Attached Files:

• xign.jpg
      xign.jpg
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Snowden

This is nice for you. Then you can look for another thread?

#90 Snowden, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Angantyr likes this.
  11. Kain1

Mhh i was kinda tempted to start this game by the end of this month with some friends, i finally managed to confince...especially now seeing the summer sale until july, but this issue is a big "no go!"
    I can already picture the scenario...i "lured" them to play this game with me and at the end of the evening they all are going to curse this game, their systems, their hardware and at the end of the line...me.
    Can we have some sort of feedback eventually? I know i might ask for too much, not knowing how good your investigations are going or how much progress you made so far to solve this problem, but i don't want them to dive right into an evening full of frustration and disappointment when things are currently/still THIS uncertain and obviously still existent.

#91 Kain1, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

I have this issue sometimes, but that is only because I have BDO running non stop for like 3-4 days, after rebooting my laptop it goes back to normal and everything fast and smooth

13. Ryuuou

For those of you saying that it runs fine for you, it is most likely you are not running the game on a Windows 7 64 bit install as it appears to only affect that OS. I installed Windows 10 64 bit on another drive and xigncode does not misbehave. Looking at the screenshot Spillux posted, that pc is on Windows 8/8.1/10.

PS

Week 7 of this issue with no official forum announcement from Kakao for an issue they 'know about and have reported to developers (that they only say in ticket responses)'.

14. Kain1

• MINIMUM:

• RECOMMENDED:
    Mh not trying to be a prick here but that's their requirements and i'm not going to buy this bigscaled APP for pc some call (win10) just to be able to play the game without my cpu frying me eggs. And again i might be totally overreacting and beeing paranoid about this whole thing. Maybe i can run the game smoothly on my rig without those probs, but seeing as others with way more powerful rigs have such a high amount of cpu usage even when minimized... im not too confident either and possibilities are high that one of the other two people i wanted to play with are going to have this exact issue (one is especially unlucky when it comes to such things, so im expecting the worst)

Well the game may be developed to run win7 but xign is clearly not...im not so sure BDO'S team can fix this issue, if not for Xign's support doing something about this themselves.

15. Snowden

still alive D:<D:<D:<D:< D:<D:<D:<(week 7)
    fixed when?

16. Camillia

17. Snowden

soon is not today

still alive D:<D:<D:<D:< D:<D:<D:<D:<(week 8)
    fixed when?

18. Snowden

19. Ryuuou

Still broken for me as well with no changes whatsoever.

20. Geglash

I'm fascinated that I bother to post still.