1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, the lag is your ISP's fault. No, there is very little that Kakao can do about it.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Memetess, Nov 8, 2017.

1. LastWish2

I'm not a IT professional but One of my guildies whom works in this field believes that lt that its a network/ routing issues not a server issue. The servers that Kakao is leasing from in NA, are located in San Jose, CA. They noticed that the trace routes are showing packets going to Europe first, then are sent back to San Jose, then back to us. So this may be the cause as to why there is so many disconnects in NA currently. So maybe Kakao needs to work with the people whom they rent the servers from to fix the routing issue , and also move the servers to Chicago or Texas. I don't understand why they haven't done this by now.

2. Memetess

I've been online pretty much 24/7 for the past month that you say have been having problems. I understand all of the problems that the game has been having that I have been affected by, as you can see in my original post, I detailed that not all lag issues stem from the same problem, and that the emergency maintenances had sorted out what had been causing most of the lag, especially the lag that I had been affected by.

You have to understand this, that different problems can arise over time.

3. Memetess

I wish they moved the servers to Chicago too, although I think this is likely an internal decision, which allows them to quickly provide technical support while keeping their engineers on site rather than 500 miles away, considering that Kakao's headquarters is in the same area.

4. crawlord

[​IMG]

5. LogicaI

It's much less about what they should be doing at this point and where the blame belongs,i can play the game lag free,and currently am,and have been,therefor the resolution to me is not as important as the blame game,people are diligently blaming kakao with no proof,yet there is sufficient evidence it is not their fault,that is the real issue here. kakao was nice enough to suggest a vpn to those like you,who had issues it would work for,they didn't have to do that,they could of kept their mouth shut.

6. Memetess

I'll be taking a break from answering concerns, I've got some real life stuff to tend to, then I'd like to grind a bit in the game itself without having to tab out to read every new post.

7. Rooptsol

When a troll admit he's trolling.

Whatever.

That would solve a lot of the issue linked to networking though !

Have a nice day man

8. LastWish2

With all the money that we give them, if they want to see the game grow, they should do what Riot did and seriously have some internal discussions about this. I hope they do the right thing for the health and growth of the game

9. Natsett

You seem only capable of insults and being a general A hole to people...

10. crawlord

i do not cater to cabbage I.Q

11. LogicaI

Never admitted i was trolling, as i am not.

12. LogicaI

making a deduction about how someone lacks critical thinking is a deduction not an insult. calling someone an a hole is an insult. are you listening to yourself?

now anything he says to you is mostly warranted as you showed your echo chambered hypocrisy .

13. Natsett

14. Roechacca

The title of this thread is just to far off. There are so many types of lag that it's just rediculous to point them all at person ISP's. If this was meant to be an educational post, you lost a lot of the audience with the title and the over the top trolling of people that "never lag". When a write up leans to far one way or the other it just becomes a crap tank of extreme opinions.

Would of been better titling it "Understanding latency and what can be done." That removes the bias and you don't have write a sub section of exemptions that are the games issues. Lag is something everyone gets to experience playing games, Devs too. Best to leave it as a neutral topic and not a platform for defending a game company. They have CM's paid to do that for them.

Korvgubben likes this.
  15. crawlord

noble ... As was suggested they can divest and have geospatial servers ...like battlefield and a plethora of other games .however from what i have seen they want a minimalistic solution that is not feasible for a subset of gamers.

16. crawlord

keep on prattling ... this has become boring. Work on you critical skills before you spew pedantic garbage.

17. Natsett

You clearly didn't see the unedited posts. The dudes responded 3 times with insults, and then edited the posts.

18. Natsett

19. crawlord

LogicaI likes this.
  20. Korvgubben

Chat being delayed sometimes for several minutes, NPCs being unresponsive when you try to interract with them and mobs taking a long time to respawn/being extra slow to react to player actions are problems this game have had for a significant amount of time.

There are quite long periods, sometimes weeks without theese issues being rly noticeable but now and then they pop back up again, often after patchday.

I'm not gonna pretend to be working with servers or something but those issues just seem so very server/game engine related.

Also lets not forget the game crashes that started during the same patch that added the interface delays a long time ago.

My guess is that they moved a lot of client side stuff to the server side to prevent abuse but that doesnt detract from the fact that the honest playerbase now plays with a very sluggish interface and simple things such as taking in/out ~15 items from your boats inventory takes longer than 15 seconds.

Roechacca likes this.