1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, the lag is your ISP's fault. No, there is very little that Kakao can do about it.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Memetess, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Roechacca

I already knew it wasn't my ISP and as soon as they patched the cheat detecter things code, all my issues went away.

2. Waifu_Hunter

except autopath loop desyncs when game is minimized. happen sometimes when maximized too but less often, and this is the same computer i've always played the game with from before it started doing this (when i returned from year absence due to server related problems and no support but these new desyncs are a new low compared to what i remember last year), so no its not my computer, no it's not my isp (we've checked) so then it's either kakao's server hosting or the shoddy game coding.

Honestly at this point the only thing that keeps me around is morbid curiosity to see how it all ends. No matter what any shill or moderator or dev says, at this rate there's a core player burnout event due within the next 8 months. I'm willing to bet the next class released is the straw that breaks the camel's back in korea.

3. MalGuldur

2017-10-15_383030207.JPG 2017-11-11_-1596291500.JPG with the little patch we had this morning , BDO is lagging like never before it is horrible at this point. zigncode takes 5 min to launch and each 8 minutes in game brings me in a lag dimension , everything disapears then suddenly ''conection with server lost'' ........ We soory . picture of lag dimension is what seem to be sausans area. Whiteknights come tell me this game is working 100% fine. heres the ****** proof

#103 MalGuldur, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  4. Rooptsol

The last patch solved practically all my connection issue. A little reload here and there but it is really less ugly than it was.

Even been able to fully train horse all night for 2 night in a row. I was not able to do that since 3 weeks.

5. Vanadiel

I have to chime in with that. Have had no disconnect issues since afk fishing for 2 days and 2 nights in a row.
    I would say a big improvement and I must have been one of those affected by the xgincode issue.

6. Pavo

But, But, But, It was Isp?! (being sarcastic)

Ya, especially since this time, they actually acknowledged they created issues, even issues they didn't notice. Like the Xingcode thingy.

This is also the 2nd or 3rd night in a row I have been able to train my horses with no disconnects/ loading screen.

Funnily enough I got a loading screen yesterday, but I was around and caught it pretty quickly.

7. Vanadiel

oh, I have not forgotten about the ISP issue.
    I already thanked Kakao in another thread for fixing the internet for us.
    Good thing I did some triage and whatever else those 2 people who shall not be named used to suggest ad nauseam.
    Now where did I put my VPN.

8. Pavo

Ya, now I have a 10 year contract with 10 different VPN companies.

God Dang it, I just had to get a 3rd job just to afford VPN's?!

9. Kusaragii

I'm not sure if they did a patch very recently or not, but I'm no longer experiencing lagging issues at the moment.

10. eddie972e

i have been on 24/7 since last Wednesday i havent disconected not even once, and i havent experience any lag, maybe u guys need better internet

11. shinigamiscall

How is this still a thing? The issue isn't our ISP. It's Kakao and w/e they are running in the background while the game plays. Sometimes it just shits itself and the game will push me back to the loading screen load a second, restart that load, load a second, restart that load then pull me back in. I have this same issue every so often on the game and just had it a second ago, which got me killed (yay), It doesn't happen too often but god dam when it does pray you are in town or not out grinding otherwise prepare thy anus because even with my 64mb down (in the states not half way around the world from the servers) can't save my ass fast enough from the Kakao dicking that takes place. Every other game I have runs great online except for this one.

12. Mafesio

Better internet? Really, is their such a thing as **** internet in the US. Anyway, it's not your internet, it's the routing. Easy test to see for yourself, you say you have no issues right? So download WTFast and connect from a Los Angeles or Florida server, guaranteed you get dc'ed. Then change the location to where live, i bet you won't DC if your not dc'ing at the moment. At want point would it be an ISP problem?

For me, I had problems for 2 day's connecting on a commercial fiber line in my office in Florida, connected using WTFast to Ohio haven't had a single issue, map even pops up faster than ever. Direct connection failed every 10 minutes, desyncs in between, same connecting coming through a different area, no problems. I haven't dc'ed once since coming through Ohio, same ISP, different route, no problems. You don't have problems most likely because you have no problem between you and LeaseWeb lucky you. It's not anyone's ISP, it might not even be LeaseWeb, fact is they probably have no idea what is and waiting for it to get fixed wherever the problem is so they can take credit for it. It is most likely out of their control or it might not, i doubt anyone will ever know, but one thing that definitely is not is your ISP, we run 1900 business and 100's of thousands of transactions all day, trust me, I would be in hell and not on here if there was a problem with my ISP.

But like I said, you can prove it to yourself, connect to BDO from Lost Angeles or Florida and within 10 minutes you'll see how much smoke you blew out your butt even saying that at this point.

13. Vanadiel

Have been good without any disconnects since I switched to my VPN for connection.
    Clearly my ISP is not the issue, or my hardware, or anything at my end.
    It is on their end.
    No doubt about it now.

14. fixwhen

op must be retarded,,,oh look i didnt get DCed, everyone getting DCed must be on dialup

15. Pavo

This is typical thinking in the world, unfortunately.

Empathy is a dying emotion in basically the whole world.

16. fixwhen

oh look i didnt get DCed while paying 30 dollar for broadband, other people getting DCed must be on fiberoptics

17. Estokha

My game worked fine until 3 days ago. I didn't change ISPs. But thanks, you must get paid millions.

JillValentime likes this.
  18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 57 NA

Troubleshooting connectivity has nothing to do with empathy, it's facts and logic.

19. viciousshark

Kakao's job is to make sure the NAEU player base play the game. IT IS THEIR PROBLEM AND THEY NEED TO DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO FIX IT.

20. Pavo