1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You’re playing wrong

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by kaithuzar, Jan 16, 2020.

1. kaithuzar

99% of all wizards & witches, maybe even 99% of the entire player base has been playing incorrectly by not “gemming” appropriately.

For the past ~2 years (on & off due to blowing up gear) I’ve been winning against most classes I fight against even if I was at soft cap & they were the same or more geared.

The way I’ve been able to win so many fights is by stacking as much resistance as possible. Even if you max out at 60% resist for PvP, the opponent usually has two ignore resist 10% gems which brings you below 60%. So I stack 100%, then I’m basically being guaranteed to have the max 60% while fighting.

The game has largely been, the first to get CC’d dies. I have not been soft cap for the last few months due to blowing up my gear ~6 months ago; just started trying to get it back.

I still deleted 5 guys at soft cap or slightly below around Christmas in a 5v1. But lately I’ve been on Arsha fighting much more geared players & while it’s taking time to “get the feel” again, I’m now also having trouble with the Forward F “buff”. Even though I don’t have full soft cap again yet, It feels like my traditional build method of stacking resistance is becomes less effective when fighting pen players.
    There are some optimizations for stacking even more resistance is but I don’t know if it’s worth it has anyone seen something in the patch notes maybe I missed something with regards to resistances being diminished or more skills with 100% chance to stun knock down etc. ?

2. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

I gotta give you that much. The clickbait of this thread is amazing.
    The flex is even more amazing.

But whats the point/question of this?

Lefteye, gurghul, Olimpicus and 3 others like this.
  3. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

As Valk I am on 100% allressi without gemming anything almost every engage. Yet the first guy that runs straight into my face will 100% grapple me. The very first time you dare to increase your range by doing a single unprotected dash you eat dust and die. I can not really claim that resis help you at all at any given time.

4. kaithuzar

The point is me attempting to inform others who continuously whine that wizard sucks 1v1, and see if anyone can point out what has changed in the past few months to make this place style less effective.

5. kaithuzar

There are only what two classes with 100% grab? I can’t imagine everyone you fight is one of those two classes, if so, I would recommend you 100% ult dump them faster

6. LordCrusty

Resistance and HP gear/crystals, I've been saying for a long ass time wizards and witches need to gear properly.Proper crystals and proper gear help wizard a **** ton, most people just don't gear them self right.

Were 2 very few people with this mindset my dude

kaithuzar likes this.
  7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

it aint the problem of getting ccd as much as getting blown away by other classes while being in "protected skills" of your own. extra resistance is nice, but it doesnt mean much when u evaporate before getting ccd.

8. Bellus_Puella

soft cap DP is paper

very geared people do not need a CC to kill people around soft cap DP

people that say so & so is wrong. Here is what you should actually do need to post videos to back up their claims.

preferably BA, RBF, and/or NW and not random open world

9. kaithuzar

It’s not paper when you stack damage reduction. Trust me I fed into the “evasion build” b.s. for the first year of the game, only when I switched to damage reduction aka urugons & griffon helm w/fiery nouver, resplendent protection alch stone & a bunch of resistance stacking gems + villa buff, w/some Valtarra & ruins rings for health sprinkled on top did I start being competitive in pvp.

10. kaithuzar

So build so you don’t get evaporated instantly, pretty sure I thought you do evasion, go dmg reduction man, also whale tendon pots are for oh s**t moments. Also miraculous cheer 5 is a must!

11. Wrapped In Plastic

Yes every mage please stack resists. Except the ones in my guild, it's too OP for us to abuse. Wink wink.

12. Artorias_Dusk

Regular DR build:
    Helm 2x HAN Hoom
    Dim 2x special evasion / Jin Cobe
    Bhegs 2x Jin Viper
    Urugons 2x HAN Hoom
    Mainhand 2x Elkarr
    Nouver 2x Valtarra
    Kutum 2x Corrupted

This is probably how 99% of the playerbase wants to slot.
    You miss out on SO MUCH good stats when going full resi. It's still rng!
    Maybe you wreck these people because you have skill?

13. Naicon

Naicon Maehwa 63 EU

Aight let me just kill you in one back attack skill then

14. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ye i dont think resistances will do a lot of work if u are not super high dp to survive sa trades

15. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

To be fair resistances have never been good in this game at all until they reworked it a year ago. But people have been using grapple resit necklaces so.. eh. Its kind of a wierd one. Resistances are a dumb mechanic anyways so no point in arguing.

16. Eynix

How condescending of you.

That's not how one should talk to people. Maybe you're good at the game, maybe not, but you're definitively **** at social skill, so gz I guess.

17. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Im a Valk with 2 TET Narcs, 2 PEN Ronaros, my passives, my buffs and I still die in a single SA skill on many occasions. If their is anyhting making you tanky it is inbuild damage reduction during some sa's and the manashield, certainly not DR. Else I would be unkillable.

18. kaithuzar

As easy as this is, I'll post what I believe to be a "more correct general setup", then offer ways to enhance it:
    Helm - 2x HAN Hoom
    Dim - 1x bmc armor (dmg reduc. 2, stun/stiff/freeze +10), 1x dark red fang - armor (dmg redc 7, all resist +2)
    Bhegs - 1x Jin Viper, 1x bmc sturdiness (grapple +10, knockback/float +5)
    Urugons - 2x red battlefield adamantine (knockdown/bound 25%, stun/stiff/freeze +5)
    Mainhand - 1x bmc precision, 1x bon addis
    Nouver - 1x Valtarra, 1x crit crystal

This can be further enhanced by removing the jin viper in place of another grapple resist gem because accuracy from wiz + zaka mainhand is enough. This could also be enhanced by removing the bon addis (you get these from food & draughts, i prefer beast) in place of another precision gem. You could also remove jin viper & bon addis & replace with 2x more hooms for the full 4x set if you want. It can also be enhanced if you have the Kaydicts Giant crystal (hp +100, dmg reduc +2, stun/stiff/freeze +10) however these are really hard to come by so I made my build w/o them, but they would replace the bmc armor crystal.
    It's all just a matter of comparing stats, sometimes it works to get "the maximum amount of buffs" but sometimes you need to say "X buff is more important than these other buffs" and assign a weighting/scoring to them; which is what I've tried to build on. Don't forget whale tendon elixirs for dangers moments & if the opponent is really tough add on khalks elixir.

GLHF

19. kaithuzar

Forgot to mention I have a movement speed gem in my costume. You could use the crit gem, but I find the movement speed to be a necessity.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

no hard feelings but some of these choices make very low sense.

no 4xhoom is anti everything you said people should do. its extra hp and defensive stats and even accuracy.
    no 2xprecision (or elkarr) means our **** kd/bound dependent combos will fail even more.

kydict armor crystal would be straight up better than bmc if u wanna go that route.

bon addis? why even? we can max out stats without it, and it offers less damage than jin or rbf power if you really think u dont need 10% cc penetration. wouldnt recommend for pvp tho.

if u wanna "max" out defense (dr) and dont want to rely too much on evasion but still profit from it, there is a more defensive oriented build but it requires pen green helm and leeburs paired with urugons. (note this is more viable for wizards than witches coz base character stats are different on these two classes)

2x jin harphia
    4x hoom
    2x elkar
    2x special evasion
    +2 movement gem in costume.

kutum+garmoth, you can go also nouver for more damage sacrificing evasion.

basically its "evasion" build without muskans (wont save you from accuracy bombs but might help vs low accuracy modifier skills). you could opt for more offense putting one offensive crystal in offhand and putting hoom in slot of one of the special evasion gems or you could swap one special evasion for bon if prefer more hp and some dr.

if u wanna go antigrab, then pen talis helm and one glove slot might be solution for that, but here witch is in better position than wizard due to better skill with evasion debuff and also higher resists due to q block buff or 25% bsr skill - problem being, berserkers and warriors will still **** on you due to their passive. strikers have a version of it too.

#20 WhySoSeeryus, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020