1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Are Bad At Horses. Here's a Horse Training Guide.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by TQuin, Feb 14, 2019.

1. TQuin

Since there's an event going on, I thought I'd share. At the request of my guild mates, I made a horse training guide. Here's a video that gives an overview. If you're interested, the link to the guide is in the description.

Some of the information is subjective and opinion based, but I've got a fair amount of horse training under my belt and these methods have served me well.

Aiwen and Ben Phoenix like this.
  2. deathtrip

thumbs up for the intro. better get yourself to guru to get that 30% increase on horse selling :P

3. TQuin

Thanks for the feedback on the video. Glad you liked it.

I've never seen anyone higher than master, but yeah, I figure I'll get there some day. If levelling up the lifeskill itself is what you're going for, catching horses is the most efficient method. I think I'll add a line about that to the guide. Thanks, friend.

4. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

i think training guru is something that is only slightly easier to achieve than sailing guru :D

5. TQuin

Heh. I'm not sure. My sailing level is abysmal. #BestHorseBoy

I tend to focus on lifeskills that don't make much money. :|

6. TQuin

By the way, the song used is Horses to Water by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena. I pulled it from YouTube's public domain music archive. There's about 30 seconds more of a later part of the song in the outro of the video if you want to check it out. It's a nice piece of music.

7. deathtrip

thx dude, really appreciate it.

8. Traxxle

It's hard to judge your intro without also watching your linked videos, though it all sounds sensible. But why make video guides at all? Written guides are much preferable. The information you give in a six-minute video could be read from a written guide in less than a minute. (Video guides are a pet peeve of mine).

9. iSiu

Is there anyway to cancel a horse breeding process, I accidently chose the wrong horse....

10. TQuin

Unfortunately, there is not.

11. Peisinoe

12. TQuin

There's a lot of incorrect tinfoil that gets passed around about horses, but you're absolutely, correct, I am bad at forums. I can't stand then, but I like helping, so I do my best. It's usually not great, but points for.. Tryingdor? Griffineffort? That's a bad pun.

13. Peisinoe

I was mostly being facetious and mimicking the format of your title, but I do like that you are trying to help others. Are those Harry Poopy references? I'm afraid I've never read the books or seen the films, so it's a little lost on me, but you can have five rolls of the dice on the Black Spirit Adventure Game today for your efforts! XD ♥

14. TQuin

Yeah. My wife got me sucked in to the old wizarding world trash heap. LOL. She insisted I watch the movies because I'd never given them the time. Funny thing, the earlier movies when they're younger and should be less capable are more entertaining. When they get older and should be learning about being wizards, Harry Potter mostly cries a lot and makes bad decisions, which admittedly is an honest representation of being a teenager from what I recall, but it's not great story telling. The newer films, the Fantastic Beasts series, have turned out to be quite a bit better.