1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation You are reconnecting... function not working

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Ponge85, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Ponge85

Every time the game gets me to the "you are reconnecting..." screen, I have to restart the game, it never manages to reconnect no matter how much I wait. And it is not due to my internet connection, as everything else works fine, and the internet does not get disconnected at all.

2. Negro_knight

This is for everyone i think Does it with me just restart it :L

3. Ponge85

Yeah, missed Kzarka due to this ****; if this function is implmented, at least it should work properly and put me back in the game without a full restart, or what is the ****ing point.

4. Negro_knight

Well the answer is simple, It is like a lot of great ideals this game has but is half ass done because of what.. idk... I mean just look at the support ticket issues this game has The priorities on this game is worse than my irl priorities

5. Ponge85

Just a little picture to add.. Ridiculous.

Attached Files:

6. Erimus

Right in the middle of Kzarka on 3/28 at 2 PM PST, I was sent to a black screen that said reconnecting. Since Kzarka was almost dead, I knew I got shafted out of my rewards already. So I decided to go get some food and let the game try to reconnect. When I got back home, I was unsurprised to see that the game was STILL trying to reconnect. It's a joke, like most other things this game tries to fix. So how long did it sit trying to reconnect while I was away? OH ABOUT 47 MINUTES AND STILL FAILED TO WORK. VERY NICE BOYS, GOOD WORK.

Attached Files:

7. GM Ydril

Game Master

Greetings adventures,

I am sorry for our late reaction to this matter you have reported. We have now forwarded the issues you mentioned with the reconnect function to our technical department for further investigation.

Our deepest apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.
    Thank you for taking the time to report this to us, please keep an eye in our futures updates for any news or updates on this topic!

8. Ponge85

Another 2 hours of black screen today, problem still persists. Add a damn speech bubble pop-up to system tray icon or something.

9. Skeye

lol this never worked its a scapegoat black screen with a counter that does nothing^^

Patrik2991 likes this.
  10. Ponge85

Still, this is recognized as a bug, and (supposedly) they are looking into it.

11. Cucumber

5 ****ing months since your response and the problem has not been resolved what so ever. Lets just add this to the mountain of problems with what should be a great game.

Patrik2991 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  12. Metalharpey

Metalharpey Metalharpey Witch 62 EU

Ive missed some bosses because of that bug too, its really retarded... Like seriously just quit it right from the start so we got a chance to reconnect in time for loot afaik :/

13. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

They should have ****ing tested it before implementing but what to expect from those incompetent assholes

14. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Checking in on this issue, had an apparent disconnect last night that led to a "Reconnecting..." screen that had something like 15000 seconds on it. I don't think this feature has ever actually worked. And if you hit escape to abandon and shut down that never works either, forcing you to use Task Manager to end the process. I don't understand why you would even include a feature like this that works 0% of the time.

15. alphaod

I found that perhaps on the problems is the anti hack tool is overly aggressive. If say your ISP changes your IP address mid-game, typically the session will continue in most games. However in BDO, the software thinks you're doing something fishy so it kicks you out. It will never reconnect because it think you're trying to connect from another location with the same instance or something. Perhaps this is not the only problem, but it's the only thing I've been able to reproduce when I have this problem. Fortunately my IP isn't changed that often, but if I force an IP change, the game will disconnect and never reconnect. If I simply pull the network cable and reconnect it, the game actually resumes.

16. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

Its not only about changing your IP. It more looks like your security session is ended while you disconnected for unknown amount of time (maybe 1-3sec, not sure). After that client can't connect back (cuz security session is expired) :/