1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You brought it on yourselves. How are you not satisfied?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Xenon, Jun 11, 2018.

1. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Maehwa got smashed to the ground, kicked her twice, and farted into her face. WTF dude.
    None of the changes are good.

(Still <3 Maehwa, though)

#21 RealXared, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Break_III, Mistermoff and AZzalor like this.
  2. Columba

“I don’t like the new design, so people that do MUST be bad at pvp!” Lol

Mistermoff likes this.
  3. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

You can't be class-carried as a Ninja, though. No matter how long you sit in stealth. If you think otherwise, roll a Ninja and prove me wrong. There is no selfishness in my view, either. I want the old system back, not this current piece of trash. I didn't ever vote for them to nerf everybody into the ground and introduce bigger gear gaps. Going back to the old system benefits the majority, since you apparently can't adapt to this system.

You haven't been paying attention. Every single nerf that hit was somewhere voiced as a complaint by somebody on reddit, this forum, in discord, in game, etc. People complained about grabs, super armor chains, long cc combo chains, onecombo/oneshotting each other, op class mechanics. Anything that got complained about enough made it in.

Dude, I don't even play anymore. I quit because of all of the **** changes. According to you all, Ninjas so op. Yet I don't play. Does that tell you enough about me? No, I don't care about being fotm. I just don't want to see my or any other class get dumpstered any further by idiot devs and a bunch of clueless players who think they should never lose while drooling on their keyboard. I guess you would know a lot about being wheelchaired, though. Went from op valk to cripple in a few weeks.

Ya'll will pick something new to whine about soon after they decide to nerf Ninja into a slug. Possibly realize that striker got off even easier than Ninja since he kept his pre-awakening lingering super armor and has super armor on one of his hardest hitting skills.

Mistermoff, Rayin, residente and 2 others like this.
  4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Finally someone who gets it. The game was fine before.
    Yes, there were some problems, but nothing so big that it needed such a major overhaul of the game. Generally i was happy with the game. Sometimes, i was annoyed by mystics as it's difficult to fight them without a grab, but i can live with it. Sometimes i was annoyed by the karma system, but i could live with it.
    The classes could've been easily balanced if they had listened to the top pvp players in this game...

Then i started reading the forums and it was crazy to see how people come here and ***** about stuff they don't even know how it works.
    Just as an example people complaining about the "infinite" dash of maehwa/musa. They got killed by a musa or maehwa at a grind spot, tried to kill them but the musa/maehwa ran away...But instead of learning how to counter that mechanic (trying to chase them around so they run out of stamina/grabbing them out of chase), they come to the forums and complain that this mechanic is op as they don't have it themselves.

It is sad that so many people are just selfish and don't even try to see things out of multiple perspectives to try and get and understanding of certain points.

People keep saying the game will fail because of the rng enhancement system, the unfair pvp, the gear dependency, but what actually will kill this game is devs listening to people on the forums crying about certain game mechanics they don't even understand.

Break_III and Sinon's Hubby like this.
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

While i generally agree with your points, the rbf score is stupid. As someone who sits most of the time in battle arena, does guild wars pretty much every day and does node wars / sieges each week, but hates rbf, i think i know at least enough of all classes to talk about them and give my opinion. Do i have 10k rbf score? no, but i do pvp all day with and against different classes and i've played most classes to 59 or 60 myself and tried to pvp with them.

Soulo likes this.
  6. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

They said the recent changes were in response to player feedback, so....

Balmafra likes this.
  7. Beeso

IKR , the most hilarious thing they ever did.

Balmafra likes this.
  8. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

How about this majority of you even fills up a single rbf? Oh right you all like the changes, but in reality you are not really interested in pvp. Glad they changed in favor of the people that apparently do not enter pvp related content on their own.

Yeah now ninjas rule even harder than anything before. While topscorer from some other classes(before the changes) are now with like 10 kills at the third page in siege/nodewar ninjas and rangers are at the top with 90+kills and a huge gap towards the next players.

9. LightningFFXIII-4

The recent balance/combat changes were great. You don't like it, then get out.

10. LightningFFXIII-4

You must be a wizard/witch. Lemme guess you guys are rolling full AP gear and sold off your Red Coral Earrings and Tree Spirit Belts and now complaining Ninja/Kuno is OP.

I know, I saw BigAndShiney today in RBF enemy team. Months ago before all the changes and renown, that guy would wipe hordes by himself, This morning he cant even kill me while i'm down on the floor with a ManUp Warrior whaling on me lol.

11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Yes, but what type of player feedback? It's the feedback mostly of new players / inexperienced players who complain about game mechanics they don't even understand themselves.

12. Asterotis

^FTFY

13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

I am not. How do you even get to this conclusion? Also there was not a single player on the server who could take on a horde of "me" by himself. Maybe a horde of noobs, but that is completely fine.
    It does not matter against ninja kuno now. If you go full ap you do not hit. If you sacrifice ap for accuracy you hit but the hits barely do any dmg too with the loss of the ap + renown ap against the renown dr they have themself.
    Furthermore that is not the reason ninja solo stomps entire raids now worse than anything before. Insibility and the remaining protection is just hyper op now. Permanent superarmor paired of cc on aoe skills was the only real counter against invisibility. Now the ninja just has a free ticket to annihilate an entire party that passes by, since most classes are 100% unprotected after the first dash when trying to cover distance to the actual target location. And flare is no solution. Too long animation, too short range and duration. You are a free kill doing it.

14. Escapism

And what about all the things the community constantly complains about and wants changed that dont have do with combat or class balance?
    1. worst gear progression in the history of (decent) mmo's
    2. afk activities, having to run the game 24/7 to stay on top
    3. login rewards & events becoming the main source and income for endgame & bis-items like ogre rings, and just logging in daily becoming almost more important than regularly playing active every once in a while.
    4. lack of actual content, specifically group content.
    5. Ridiculous gear- & progression gaps, payouts ect. letting vets snowball even harder.
    what did we get for all these things which we have cried and complained about for 2+ years?
    1. still the same as ever, possibly even with nerfed rates, new upcoming systems (cron stones, caphras ect) make it even worse and less cost-efficient than without.
    2. completely unchanged
    3. Even much more events + login rewards getting added constantly, were now on average at 3-4 events and/or attendance rewards running simultaenously at all times
    4. Savage Rift ...
    5. Renown System ......

15. lislisa

Hmmm......
    [​IMG]

#justmessingaround

16. PandoraRose

Personally, I like the changes. Combat was never fun for me, as I am not very good at pvp. Adrenaline has negative affects on me. Prior to the changes I could do almost no damage to anybody, and I had zero chance of fighting back or trying to defend myself thanks to excessive stunlock.
    Now, the times I do go out, i'm willing to branch a little more as i'm not quite as afraid of people. They can damage me, but I can damage them.
    In the end, what's driving me out mainly is enhancing. I've just had too much bad "rng" -or luck- to feel as attached to this game any longer.

17. Nyhver

You can once you get to medium and higher levels of skill

Take any of the best of their class and have them 1v1 themselves if they were just as good the other class as they are ninja

In the old and new system ninja would prevail as one of the strongest

I'm not a great ninja either and with a nouver missing, (and also therefor crystals since I was using green damage ones instead of awakened or resist ignore) I fought the same good ranger friend of mine 1v1, who I fought on a maehwa innumerable times

Still did well, beat him a bunch and it wasn't as if it was a one sided fight for him against me where he had a 80% win rate or something. Ninja has a lot of tools and speed, while sometimes the tools don't work they're still there and having a tool that can fail on occasion is better than not having the tool at all.

This is also with the understanding that ranger is a underrated and good class 1v1 because they can linger stuff and they have lots of burst up close or from afar- and he wasn't a potato ranger. He out-geared me a bunch with AP, too so the damage to time/combo ratio for him to me was even worse.

Because he's either a meme or he is unintentionally a loony, if you don't agree with him you're a FOTM class player siege player that's just how his stance and mind works. This coming from the same Kuno who has always been class carried, (Yes, Kuno wasn't always bottom tier stop being bad at PvP) and had some gear to boot over casuals, mediocre or somewhat decent Kuno, decent kuno at best who memes around in a NW 1 time trying to 1v6 thinking he's hot stuff meanwhile he still doesn't understand pvp or skill or his class that well and his brain melts from heatstroke and exhaustion after grinding gahaz for 50 days straight and thinks everyone should grind and be just as cool as him and kuno should be buffed

common claims for him are 200M payout for a NW guild, 600+ish for a siege guild

loony

don't use a no good scotch man fallacy

Most PvPers don't like these changes as far as I can tell, and some of the ones that do that I've talked to has reached the conclusion of them trying to stay positive instead of negative and agreeing that proper balancing is giving PA too much credit.

Even you joining hands with one of the few who seemed fine with the changes at one point, Mayzap seems to have gone back on it, first he was saying he had fun and rolling around on the ground with Paiz was fun, ninja was fine, great, fantastic maybe, even, but not long after that he was saying pvp has been "residentsleeper lately"

So, I hope you and everyone who "tries to stay happy" despite the onslaught of goblins that are going to destroy everything including your life, you hippy communist- are happy that you ruined BDOs past potential and we're just taking steps back into a hollow negative and I hope Mayzap keeps you company at least he'd be able to kill a few gobbers before he goes down, because ninja got nerfed in terms of skill & skill cap, too, they can't do as much as before just like every other class, and if this trend continues... this trend of every multiple genres and games being simplified, made casual, watered down so every player can be Daigo, pretty soon not even Mayzap is going to make a difference vs. goblins because he'll be playing a class that has 1 button and you'll all be happy that it's somehow despite fact, meaningful gameplay with lots of enjoyment, skill and decision making.

So damn you, damn you in every guise and every form, you belong with Lightning420buffKuno arm linked grinding and memeing one another for eternity it's somewhere you belong

Sinon's Hubby likes this.
  18. Mafesio

I've only played 7 months, got blessed by RNG so was pretty close to softcap after 4 months. I like PVP in most games. Before the changes, it would go one of 2 ways, I would be somewhere grinding, then bam, stun locked for 30 seconds by someone contesting the spot, or I was chain grabbed for about a minute (was perfect time to go hit the bathroom, if I took a long enough piss, I might finally be dead.

Columba likes this.
  19. Beld

You say that as if that means balance was achieved.....it feels like your comment is a good example of what some people just mentioned.

"Nerf rock, paper is fine." - Scissors"

Now that you can beat a more powerful character all is right with the balance.

20. Thranduil

Sorry but all the recent changes aren't the result of player complaints, they just adjusted the game for console release.

I hope at least we get some sort of offline lifeskills, because i don't see a console player keeping on 24/7 their game.