1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can't just "get" a pen Blackstar

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by PancakeRift, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Maximizing chances doesn't give you a good roll lol.

Tjaranis, zeezero and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  2. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

Lotteries today are done mostly by those people that already have sufficient disposable income. It is done in a process of international scale, betting in other and as many as plausible countries in a risk that could, potentially, pay out profits eventually.

3. MagicalTabletopGirls

Pay to Gamble.

Tjaranis and Factorial like this.
  4. Vanadiel

Games are not supposed to be work, they are supposed to be fun.
    So what if someone got a PEN. Big whoopie deal.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. LiquidEmotion

He got it with like 185fs. Link

6. 2Cents

You need to consider the source of that information. The reasonable BDO players fully understand the concept of the game and the mechanics of it.

Shame on Pearl Abyss for putting this into the game
    Shame on the customers buying up outfits to enchant it

Path of Exile is hitting it out of the park once again with record breaking numbers of concurrent players for their game. These numbers are FAR exceeding BDO despite the game having a complete inferior game engine and graphics.

It turns out quality content is what attracts customers and not Pay2win garbage. If you think a game can survive on Pay2win alone............# archeage......how it is doing today?

7. zeezero

I think it's the total opposite. Lotteries are a poor tax and often paid for by people without sufficient disposable income.

Tjaranis likes this.
  8. Malkontent

So much greed, envy and pure unfettered ungratefulness. And no, I'm not talking about pa/kakao.

@alpha7 grats on your sick gains bro. That's dope.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

but u dont understand, some people are true masters of enhancing, its not luck.

riiiight ;D

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

^This.

Yes system is RNG based and can feel extremely toxic. But at this point you should all be well aware and have either accepted that fact or moved on... Its not going to change. (Unless they find a better way to milk you guys.)

Fateneko and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  11. Escapism

inb4 players crying for a new way to enhance the pen black star further.

"Black Caphras When?"

12. kakodaimonos

Just wait for that DEK upgrade.

13. NESTINAR

SOOOOOOOO...
    PEOPLE ARE JELUS...
    YEAH THATS WHAT IT IS :)

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

According to the propaganda providers like this, BDO has turned full p2w during the 3 years of its existence and has no quality content.

Still waiting for any of them to explain why, according to Steam charts, BDO playerbase has globally been the same since release:

[​IMG]

After this reality check, the obvious answer is that either BDO isn't p2w in the eyes of most of the playerbase or it has quality content.

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  15. Escapism

A lot of explanations have been given over and over.

1. numbers should either increase or highly fluctuate, not stay the same over years.
    2. Players keep it running 24/7 in the background, players who would otherwise have quit if it werent for the idle gameplay.
    3. Some players actually like p2w and for some its their only way to "compete" with the top. Just as some players prefer graphics over everything else, and some players just like playing with sexy waifus, lolis and do weeb rp. (nothing of which constitutes as "quality content")

Your reality check led you to only 2 possible conclusions, of which both couldnt be any further from the truth. A quick "reality check" outside my window would also lead me to believe that the earth is flat.

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Because ? Why a population couldn't be stable ?

Cool story, doesn't prevent the population to be stable.

lol, did you just assume that most of BDO playerbase is made of P2W graphic waifu rp enthusiasts ? Grats, you just reach another level of stereotypes despite 2Cent setting the cap quite high.

I never stated that my conclusions are the only possible ones and you never proved that the ones I provided are anything far from the truth.

17. Jabolexor

For me is P2W, RNG on RNG in RNG, poor content (grind), with overprice cash shop, BUT during the last 3 years I don't see alternative to BDO. (Archeage -> BDO -> Next)

18. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

You can find many reasons not to believe these numbers, for sure, but as long as the numbers are good, the game is a commercial success.

BDO is in a sweet spot in this market, it has many good points, you can easily get over its flaws if you are looking for a game with many things to do and if you're not looking for a competitive and fair game... But how long will it last?
    What will happen if a good alternative appears? Or if devs mess up game mechanics too much? BDO makes a lot of money but it's situation nevertheless remains fragile, to my opinion.

19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Pretty much the point, but why deal with facts when you can be triggered by roleplayers.

20. Escapism

Because thats an indicator that theres a stable loyal addicted fanbase, but no new players. It says much more about the playerbase than the game itself. (and that the devs care more about milking their loyal fans than attracting more customers by improving their product)

Players that are just online taking away server resources without actually ontributing or affecting anything in the game at all dont make the playerbase stable. Because they have no effect on anything (except the displayed player number in steam), the active playerbase would feel no difference wether those afk'ers were there or not, except slightly less relics sold and possibly a slight increase in hardware performance.

No, I didnt say most of the playerbase are "p2w graphic waifu rp enthusiasts". I said most of the ACTIVE players are here for EITHER the p2w, the graphics, the waifus/lolis or the rp.

But please try to disprove me, and tell me what other types of players could be largely represented in the ACTIVE playerbase?
    • Competitive/hardcore pvp'ers? definitely nope, every other pvp-focused game offers better.
    • Progressive Pve'rs? Doesnt even exist in this game. Theres no group/raid content, no pve leaderboards or actual hard challenges at all.
    • "Socializers"? possibly... But in a single-player game definitely a minority.
    • Achievement-Hunters? Ok that could be, I admit I forgot about those. Exploration & completing knowledges in the game is somewhat fun. But that would also only be a minority of the players.
    • Gamblers? Yep, also forgot about those.
    So what do you want to tell me the majority of the active bdo playerbase consist of, if not Gamblers, p2w'ers and graphic/waifu enthusiasts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.