1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You don't know what level your character is

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2Cents, May 31, 2018.

1. 2Cents

Upon release it was quite clear who the top players where. They where higher level than you, and thus many accepted defeat in open world combat/sieges. There was a clear distinction to let you know where you stand.

PA has muddied the water since then and given everyone a false since of character progression. A false since of equality. Your level 61 character isn't anything special. In fact your actually still level 56.

So when you face an opponent you cry out UNFAIR!!! Renown!!!! RNG Carried!!! So Unfair!!!!

You can't face the fact your still a novice. You haven't earned your way to the top. You want to compete, yet you haven't proven yourself at all.

Get rid of your entitlement to play with the top dogs and start working your way up. Recognize your still a newb and need to progress into TET and beyond.

This isn't a MOBA. You don't get to come in for a few weeks and complete with veterans who have been around for 2 years.

Far to many people want to destroy the core foundation of BDO just because they want it all and want it now. If players didn't get an advantage playing every day, processing, farming, grinding, fishing, AFKing, worker empires, trade runs............. there WOULD BE NO POINT IN PLAYING THE GAME

Narsi, LoganSilver, Lyu and 17 others like this.
  2. HitGoat

I agree with everything stated, namely because I am new; I have often wanted to PvP or be already in max gear. It's however understandable that players who have put in the hard work and effort to be there are there.

It is quite frustrating when I see people attempting to make this game easier via constant complaining.

Cheers.

#2 HitGoat, May 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
  3. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

You agree with a guy who opens up 20 threads a day while contradicting himself in half of them. In fact he opens so many he does not even have the time to read it again before posting.
    He is most likely already on his next thread and forgot about this one entirely.

#3 Luminosity, May 31, 2018
    Blacksheep, Peisinoe, iller and 4 others like this.
  4. HitGoat

I'm clearly not ever on the forums, much less post here. It did take me two seconds to figure out you're just exaggerating numbers though.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?search/3583290/

He's posted 3 threads for the entirety of this month.

Your argument doesn't seem very valid.

#4 HitGoat, May 31, 2018
    klans10 likes this.
  5. Grizabella

I think you will find that a person with over 3300 posts makes arguments in more threads than he or she creates. 2 Cents is in most threads where debate happens.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  6. HitGoat

Over more than two years.... Why is it incriminating to be an active part of the community?

I was also responding specifically to the comment Luminosity made, in which he stated "...opens 20 threads a day..."

7. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

You will see soon enough if you are active in the forums. Mind looking at my profile how many threads I created in total and what they are about? Compare that to his propaganda monologue. If you do not see how pointless this thread is again I also do not know.
    So veterans are likely to have more gear/experience and it is easier to level up now than it was when veterans leveled up and geared their characters. Great. Did not know that. Good he made a thread about it and educated me.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  8. 2Cents

Can't handle the truth?

That is the right attitude. You are correct in believing that a decent amount of players want to even the playing field until the entire point of daily grinding is lost. I understand their viewpoint in wanting to siege without dedicating 20++ hours a week. However, they should be focused on smaller sieges/nodes.

The gear score issues for Node Wars should be controlled in game. Having a 200 AP cap example regardless of your GS for lower tiers. That isn't the most common request. It's hey I want to siege like everyone else despite the fact I put in 200 hours and they have 19,000.

Jeoul likes this.
  9. Jensen

did you just make an alt account to agree and defend yourself ?

10. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Since =/= sense.

11. Kalade

It's actually more like one year since the forums were reset last year. Don't want to be apart of this - just wanted to add that little bit.

HitGoat and Peisinoe like this.
  12. ambyentlight

games all about the gear and if your lower than say 20 gs below your oponent 9/10 times you will lose unless you get a lucky cc and he/she messes up.

13. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

That was actually my first response to this nonesense thread, but the post got deleted somehow.
    Also what im referring to when I said, he does not have the time to read again before posting.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  14. Reverielle

You know, once upon a time one would play a game (MMOs included) for fun. A radical concept these days I know: It's all 'I've got to be the best, or better than someone else, or I have an advantage and be damned it I'm letting anyone else have it, fair or unfair." How sad it is. The MMO genre as a whole is worse off with this state of mind, and your post sums perfectly up what's wrong.

Blackhearted likes this.
  15. Maxi.BS

Maxi.BS IIuminescent Tamer 61 EU

^ ****** this

Why the hell do you need to be on top, when the time you spent cannot compared to even a small fraction of the siege players? How long do you practice PvP a day? Do you have to earn at least 1000 rbf points per week as a mandatory activity? When was the last time you lost a small fortune to elixirs, whale tendon and expensive buffs?

Jeoul likes this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You don't find competition fun? I guess if this type of game isn't fun for you, you should find one that is, because there are people who do find this game fun.

That's the real radical concept I think here, moving on to something you do enjoy instead of bitching and moaning about other players enjoying the game the way the developers made it. You do realize this isn't the only game in the world to play.

Jeoul likes this.
  17. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Since you asked for this:

I see you have the time to explain the deeper foundation of BDO.

18. Peisinoe

Please can you take another 3 week break? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? We were having such fun without your incessant whining and nonsense threads!

Much loves <3

Smileybones and flukeSG2 like this.
  19. Reverielle

This is exactly the response I was expecting from those that don't take the time to actually try to understand what others are saying.
    I do find competition fun. But that is exactly the opposite of what the OP is on about. Fair, even, accessible competition is very enjoyable. But the OP is harping on about the opposite. Their final sentence is a perfect example of this, they want anything but fair. But carry on, I'm not going to try talking wisdom to fools. MMOs developers/development have been talking about it for decades, but I'm sure you all know better, I know you all most certainly think you do.

Blackhearted likes this.
  20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I literally do not care what the OP said. He's a clickbait troll who throws around current buzzwords to get attention, nothing more. He has just jumped on the bandwagon of current sentiment being passed around and as soon as he finds something else shiny to get his attention he'll jump on it and in often cases it could be something completely contrary to what he wrote here.

That said...he's not wrong. As much as it pains me to say that. You want a game that is "fair, even and accessible competition", that is not Black Desert Online. If you don't find the type of competition this game has, find another one to play because there are people who do like this game.

As I said, there is more than one video game in the world to play and if this one doesn't offer you what you like, choose another one, it's that simple. It's a good thing you don't try to talk wisdom to fools, you seem to be lacking a key component required to do so. You keep waiting decades for whatever it is you think MMO developers are going to do though, just don't hold your breath too long.