1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You have a PVP server why not a LS server?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Miko, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Miko

So why is there not a lifeskill server for the ppl that want to do life skill with out having a PK'er come up to them and kill, when they had bad RNG on they tet roulette. #equality

2. ghoulz666

It would probably make their server burst into flames due to the amount of AFK players that make up the statistics....

3. Factorial

A lifeskill server would be amazing. Thing about the BDO community is that it has been deathly afraid of that kind of server.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

No

Rilok likes this.
  5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Somebody is scared that their server will be a ghost town!

Fearless V, Ben Phoenix and Factorial like this.
  6. Purr

ikr the pve'rs and pvp'ers would be scared to really see how many lifeskillers there are in their "pvp game" as they put it
    personaly ive always wanted to see what happens if every lifeskiller took like a month long sabatical from posting on the MP just so the pvpers can see what happens when no food and such is being listed for their node wars

onaco, Fateneko, Fearless V and 4 others like this.
  7. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

The only problem i see with this is that while you think you'd be able to lifeskill in peace it will have the absolute opposite effect. Cramming all the lifeskillers into 1 server will make competition for the good spots (when it comes to gathering) much more fierce. And if you somehow restrict pvp you will just get into a griefing standoff until everyone gets annoyed enough to move.

Sure it will work fine for lifeskills where there is no actual competition over resources, but for anything that does involve that element its not a very bright idea.

8. Factorial

Remember Catch 22?

Here come that absurdist novels: lifeskill channel will be too crowded and no way to PVP out of it. I heard that when there is a life skill channel, all the other channels in BDO disappear. They all fall into a black hole since Thanos snaps his fingers. I mean, when Tony Stark snaps his finger.

Anyway, tell me more about this absurd novel. It fascinates me. I am waiting for the next absurdist novel: once you switch to the life skill channel, you can't leave it (because that's how current channels work /s). That always gives me a chuckle too.

Fearless V, Wodahs and Chaos Ronin like this.
  9. Doom Smack

It would erupt into a PVP server (with lifeskill clothes on though) as we all fight over gathering spots and imperial delivery.

Distaken likes this.
  10. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I didn't think it needs to be spelled out, but will do so anyway.

When asking for a dedicated LS server that assumes there will be some benefit to being on it (be it life exp boost or more materials erc.) that will make it preferable over the rest (just like pvp and loot boost for Arsha). So you are there to take advantage of said benefit and you have no reason to move away unless forced to.

Nothing really complicated or "catch-22" about it. Rather a very simple matter of incentives.
    And if there are no incentives it will just be a normal server like any other and will not need to exist anyway.

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

if they made totally pvp free server they would actually have to put penalties for gains on it and increase switching timers when going away from it.

who would play under such conditions?

AZzalor likes this.
  12. Amirite

There need some sort of balance in the game between the PvP and PvE and that's why I like the mixed servers. I am afraid that a only Life Skill server would kill the fun and be boring in the end.

13. Rügenwalder Pommersche

sure why not aslong as the the risk vs reward is right

normal server - normal risk - normal reward
    arsha - higher risk - higher reward
    lifeskill server - lower risk - lower reward

14. MADE

Given the PvP server gives a 50% boost to drop, then the PvE only server would have a 50% reduced drop rate, so doubt many would play it.

AZzalor likes this.
  15. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

What your asking for is a single player game, You may as well request Private channels to just log into.

And no we are not afraid of people leaving. Look at the stats of a PvE Vs PvP version of it self game.
    Astrox Imperium Vs Eve
    24 players, compared to 6300

16. Factorial

I know, right? That's why when you move to the PvP channel you get stuck on it forever. This makes sense since my the law of Bob the cow, that's how the universe works absurdly. So by extension, let's bring out another absurd rule to place on a life skill channel.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Factorial

This is incorrect. The extra drop rate in the PvP channel is not about risk. Instead it's there to bribe people to go to PVP channel. If the PvP channel had no extra drop rate, the channel would have about zero people there on average.

Fateneko and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

PKers and Gankers hate the idea of undergeared content being safe from them on other servers.

A Lifeskilling channel wouldn't make this game much money either. So I personally don't see it ever happening. The simple answer to this issue. Is to drop the rest of your gear. And let the PKers and Gankers kill you. Over and over again till they went red. That way if they do die once they lose for being mean to others.

I too would like to see a PvE/Lifeskilling server. But again I doubt it'll ever happen. So just be as cancerous as you can to the PKer or Ganker, as they are to you.

19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Usual answer from you, nothing to back it up except your own personal certainty that which server would be a heaven.

Now, let's try to be more specific : LS server?
    @Miko, what would be the exact conditions you would have on such a server?

No PvP on it I guess, but still mobs at the usual places? This would be no less than a pure pve server under another name, and this question has already been discussed on these forums and closed by a moderator after all arguments from both sides have been given. No need for a new discussion.

No pvp on it, and no mobs? This could seems nice but it would still be an unfair advantage for fishers, where one could safely fish in wild areas without any risk and no benefits for those who would take the risk on regular server.

And this is again a totally personal interpretation that perfectly fits the way you want to see the game.
    This is correct.

#19 Sadalsuud, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    AZzalor and Rilok like this.
  20. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Speaking as a ex 10 year Eve Online vet with Two characters with epic Killboards. Eve Online's is far more engaging PvP wise. In Eve with the PvP knowledge I have. I can take a 21Mil SP character T1 Cruiser with T2 fittings with a ( LvL 58 with TRI Blue gear) and completely curbstomp the living hell out of a whale or noob PvE No-Lifer with no brains that brought a 125Mil SP character with a Officer fitted Battleship (Lvl 63 with PEN gear).

Eve's PvP is Lightyears more fun than BDO because in that game Skill can out beat numbers and IRL cash, which it can't at all in BDO. Which makes BDO's PvP very boring and artificial.

Trying to compare AstroX and Eve to BDO PvP and PvP servers is not even a comparison of two items in the same country.

Me and nearly everyone who has played BDO for 3 months or more. Knows the day that we get PvE servers with PvP turned off. Will be the day PKers and Gankers lose almost all their content. And that's the truth that keeps them afraid of PvE/Lifeskilling servers. To the point they rather refuse to give people the choice to choose.

Have A Wonderful Day All!