1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Pearl Shop is waaay too expensive compared to other MMORPGs. Cut all prices by 1/2 permanently

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NightGlider, Mar 30, 2020.

1. NightGlider

Same as the title. Really asking players to pay $40 or more for stuff that is cosmetic is unacceptable compared to what's offered in other mmorpgs. Also $40 for a 90 value pack that is only 1 set of buffs is beyond robbery. In other games, if I paid $40, I would get almost ALL SERVICES FREE for the next 2 or 3 months.

DC55 likes this.
  2. Rasenth

I've played other games that were more expensive and games that are much less. Regardless of the comparisons, I don't think any game should have their cash shop be this expensive. When I joined this game years ago, I also thought "man these prices sure are expensive". Even though I still buy pearls, I think the prices should be reduced. Honestly, if I owned an MMORPG, I would make the prices cheap, because then everyone could afford stuff, and thus bring in more customers, even young kids would be able to afford stuff.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

Believe it or not there is a higher level of credit card fraud in micro-transanction models than there is in macro-transaction models.

Prices for costumes are a bit high, yes, but they frequently have promotions where they are half off.

4. Mortucus

I love to whale but bdo is not value for money

game was 40$ when I got it...... the whole game

and they want 30+ dollars for a costume 1 BLOKE makes on his lunch break

bdo cash shop is a joke and that's coming from a bloke that would spend 10 bucks to move a city in evanoy age 2 so I could kill other players

5. Hi_FiVe

I agree,i ve bought costumes for my sorc and witch and got the tent and a few other essentials but im not paying anymore at the prices they charge even if they are on sale,and they should put crons back to 1 million ea as that was just the worst rip off ever from kakao,cash gouging is fundamentally wrong from a company that claims to care about its players,ive seen people streaming fails for TETS and PENS which has cost them a fortune irl cash,this is so wrong.

Nyaanta and Darko26p like this.
  6. Too Much Coffee

Completely agree. Some of the skins in the shop are the price of a full AAA game, and would need to be reduced by 95% to even be remotely reasonable. I went to the shop to buy a boat skin, and they want $50! That is downright disgusting and shameful. Even if they were to lower the price to $5, im not so sure i would buy it after seeing the disturbing trend they run on their cash shop.

Nyaanta, SonnyIgor and Darko26p like this.
  7. But let's be honest Andaro, lastly these offers are offered with high price bundle and most of people are not interested.
    Here I show you a simple example.
    box.png
    In this example we can see the halloween outfit box with additional cash shop items but what happen with the people that only want the outfit?
    We're forced to pay around 50€ to get it. The cost of a full game.

In my case, I finally got a real discount this anniversary for example I got to purchase a premium camo for a price around of 1.500 pearls. And this is the first time that I got a big discount in this game and we're still talking that I pay an amount equal to 15€ for this costume. A generous price at least for me.

SonnyIgor and LeMiau like this.
  8. LightningFFXIII-4

BDO is not really a MMO like FFXIV, WoW, GW2.

It's more like a F2P Mobile game like Raid ShadowLegends.

So expect this prices to stay that way.

Findubar likes this.
  9. I do not agree. Because not everyone that started playing this game from start with pre purchase didn't expect this. But everyone knows the way of the cash shop how greedy has been every year since start.

Darko26p likes this.
  10. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

I've spent a pretty disgusting amount on this game, not gonna lie, but even I've stopped spending as much because there's no real incentive to do so; I love outfits/skins in-game, and I go out of my way to collect them, but at the cost that they are, its kinda meh. If the prices were lower, I'd actually want to buy more, and probably end up spending more because I would get more, too. The current cost keeps me from spending, actually.

FairlyEnjoyable, Nyaanta and Darko26p like this.
  11. Capca

I'd really love to sit in and see how their marketing people determine their prices and what kind of figures they use.

Personally I've spent about as much money on BDO as I would a B2P game but a lot less than I've spent on other f2p games with better pricing. None of my rl MMO friends play BDO, and the pearl shop prices scared off at least two of them.

Obviously that's a very limited sample size, so I'm curious what they whales collectively spend that makes it worth turning away the less thrifty customers.

12. bebunw

bebunw Ranger 61 EU

Not sure if there is still big whales on EU, i mostly see random skin pieces registered and no boxes, either Eu players are poor or Eu whales already full pen, the worst part is when you can only pre-order one pearl item at a time D:<

13. Ungvi

I think spending $30-60 dollars a month is reasonable, and I'm comfortable with that. Sometimes I may splurge and spend more, but hey, I think people need to spend some to keep the game afloat. Most of the things that are high, are one time purchase, like the campsite. Outfits are kinda like that, unless you are addicted to outfits or something.

14. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

they cannot lower prices, need money to keep servers running for exploiters

15. With that amount I can purchase new games.

DC55 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Ungvi

I think that is the point. Buy what you feel like on a game. If you play the same game every month though, what's the difference?

17. Ashenvall

Strange. This thread has not been strike by kashcow in using some shadow rules of their term of services.

Ben Phoenix and DC55 like this.
  18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well, nobody forces you to spend money.

It's same as people spending 1k+ on a phone when a cheap one for 300 bucks would give them very similar performance.

Also i think you should get rid of that "all stuff for free" mentality. Gaming is a hobby and developing/maintaining games is an expensive task that needs money to sustain. Yes, the cashshop is not cheap, but having an optional subscription for example is imo totally fine. If you compare it to other sub mmos, you usually have to pay 10-15 bucks a month too for those. In bdo you actually only have to pay one an entry fee and that's it. Even if you buy some cosmetics + conveniences, you'll be cheaper off than a sub game if you play it for a year.

FairlyEnjoyable and Ungvi like this.
  19. DC55

I'm in agreement. I've been playing for a couple of years, I always have a VP up and always buy them with pearl never from the market. I have bought costumes, pets other odds and ends. My problem with the way this game has gone is how they don't support the players but expect us to pay big time to support them. I have always made my money at sea, use to make it fishing the hot spots and doing the desert trade buff to Valencia, it would take me 3 to 3 and a half hours to do a run. Well, they increased the time waiting for a bite while in abundant waters over a fishing frenzy and decrease the rate that hot spots spawn so much that it was taking me well over 5 hours to do the same. So I went to sea monster hunting, and we all know what they did to that during the Great Ocean expansion. I honestly find it hard to even buy a value pack anymore. Perhaps one day they will figure it out, but I doubt it.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.