1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your best PVE combat exprience

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GreyRebel, May 5, 2019.

1. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

hi what is most satisfying pve exprience you ever had in the game ? Best grinding spot , best boss fight or even quest/npc fights .

for me i think it would be The Sherekhans’ Approval quest , where i needed to fight against 5 Sherekhans ( Belcadas, Garud, Lateh, Nybrica, Federik) , also the Sherekhans necropolis , compared to other fights in the game , these fights felt more real , the enemy abilities had some weight and it felt more real . and i think the AI is better for those npcs ( atleast it feels that way , when u compare them to other mobs and npcs in the game )

2. LordCrusty

Playing my zerker last year at fogans and holding people who grief my rotation in the air while the gate keeper kills them.

3. IWalkAlone

When the game come out - killing Elite Orcs with white gear +0.It was hard but rewarded... no such things now.Now the only PvE fun is Dark Rift.

4. fenzz

killing griefers to hystria and akman mobs.

this actually requires pretty good precision with CC so you only hit the target under the mobs and dont aggro the mobs too much

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I miss combat at release, when fighting several mobs at once at low level was challenging.

GnatGoSplat, Reyer and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Sandpit_

The first time going to Hystira with my guild, full party level 57-59, we were struggling but it was fun.

And then it turned night time.

Also recommended is Aakman and playing with Ctrl-U, full immersion mode.

Aelisah and GreyRebel like this.
  7. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

Contrary to what a lot of others say, I really like the Ahib Griffon from the rifts. I originally learned to fight Griffons when I was gaining the knowledge of that area to make the bookshelf for the quest, I was slightly under geared at the time so I had to learn the attack patterns. I'm a lot more geared now so the rift griffon is as bad, but can still kill me if I'm not paying attention.

GreyRebel likes this.
  8. XLucaX

Doing a trade run... and somehow, someway, pulling about 5 clusters of bandits for probably 20 mins (when I use to go from trent to shakatu and manually go from there to valencia city w/no desert).

Literal, Player Vs Environment.

GreyRebel likes this.
  9. Blitzball

I like grinding Mirumoks :)

GreyRebel likes this.
  10. Alicia Dominica

Pretty much goes back to the initial first weeks of launch and being underleveled/geared. One memorable encounter was questing in the Waragon tunnels below Plantation (NE of Calpheon). Mobs were hitting pretty hard and I had to pay attention to not get the attention of too many of then. Then later on after freshly hitting level 50, doing Shadow Knights for the magical ring repeatable quest was pretty challenging with crappy Agerian gear.

Unfortunately, beyond these kind of being noob encounters, there aren't really any combat experiences coming even close to what the big western MMO titles can pull out of their sleeves.

Thelemna, Ninnghizhidda and GreyRebel like this.
  11. Dags

One of two so far for me

Either the arena fight where you had to fight one then two then all 3 in altinova or the quest dragon fight (just fun getting under the belley of that thing and going to town. Do like hunting in Kama at 226ap solo thou is still a challenge.

GreyRebel likes this.
  12. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

Well im starting to think mybe the fight with sherekhans was for me , coz i had like 195 ap back then , and i had time to see all their skills and cc

13. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

I will certainly agree with posters above that the best days were the very early days and not only in PvE encounters.

I do remember the first couple of months after launch (March-April 2016) when many of us were total "noobs", well more or less like many players starting a new game are usually. Totally unlike those snobbish "elitists" who want to appear as too "pro" smart arses, that somehow do know better because, oh yeah, they had played in Korea or wherever else before, had read every little detail on the game available in the Internet, then of course proceeded to "dominate" the NA / EU version, by "speed leveling" and "speed gearing" (oh, not to mention, exploiting each and every exploitable way there was, before it was fixed in our version - because ya know, the exploits were already known in Korea and were NOT yet fixed over here - should I even "refresh" some forgetful memories of how whole guilds used to exploit / glitch field / world bosses for fat profits and fast climbing the "powercurve", while screwing all the "irrelevant noobs"? Oh and ever since they never really stopped either, them chaps.).

But anyways, yeah those were the cool days, when it would take months to even reach level 50, and questing and grinding all those sub-50 areas and mobs was some kind of challenge, sporting sub-level 10 green gear (at best) and the most basic accessories too. When even the mention of "boss gear" or blue accessories (at +0 too) was enough to inspire awe... Yeah, PvE felt different then. You would still do the grind, but hell, there was no wham-bam 100 mobs dead, onwards to the next mob army.

Not to mention there was still no pathetic awakening, that totally ruined what good there was in the game, what with those ridiculous skills with obscenely ridiculous multipliers and effects, oh yeah, no one wants to talk about this crap anymore now, right? And then, of course, the "road to PEN" arrived to "give players a sense of progression", and so on and forth, and look where we are now.

Yes, the game felt and was "slower", but also had a stronger sense of purpose, like any proper MMO should have. And not to forget, it also meant there was some purpose to PARTY with people, even strangers, since mobs could be a challenge in most areas, and for most players it would be unthinkable to "solo grind" - fast forward to present day, where whole areas are hardly enough to accommodate one ridiculously OP chap, and no, I don't even mean those 270-280-whatever AP ones.

After 3+ years too many mistakes and bad decisions from those who design the stuff have been accumulating and the result is a generally boring or "brain dead" as some call it experience with the focus forever being more self-centric with each "update". This is the DESIGN.

Needless to say, if the "PvE experience" has deteriorated to a "brain dead" activity, what one could say about the non-existent "PeeVeePoop" crapola. I just mention it for the lulz here, it would be inevitable to be so awfully bad when we (they) can't even get some pretty basic PvE right, neither in any old nor "new" (actually re-skinned / "we adjusted those numbers in the mob stat table") areas.

What a complete let down, sad to see what once could really be enjoyable and had ample space for improvement and (real) expansion turned into a circus / farce of regurgitated nonsense, served as "future plans roadmap", for, what did they say... 20 years ahead?

14. Aelisah

My most favorite PVE experience was getting up at 5-6 am in the morning to run gatekeepers with my guildies and friends till 12 am before I had to work, making back then around 200 - 300 mill? But it was such fun, arranging the groups, meeting new people and putting effort that early in the morning with each other who just woke up or didnt yet sleep at all knowing most of the players would still be sleeping too. Good times :D
    And of course not to forget the PVP and fighting off the grieving after 11 am :D

GreyRebel likes this.
  15. fenzz

That is true. i forgot to mention, getting people killed to gatekeepers was another 1 of my favorite pve activities in this game.

GreyRebel likes this.
  16. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Mirumok, Gyfin. Before Mirumok became recently soloable by high tier players. Formerly pirates, but its dead there now.

GreyRebel likes this.
  17. The best pve combat experiences always involve some element of pvp, otherwise the pve combat would be very dull. It's the thrill of contestation that makes the grind bearable-- when I actually used to grind.

Now the best pve experiences to me come any time I find some new cave to spelunk. I love diving into these worlds under the world and uncovering what is just out of plain sight. I've had some great rp scenes involving some of these, like that cave with the bed and secluded fishing rivulet near the monastery wooooo -- that bed has had a few visitors.

And housing. Have had some great times in player houses, including some meme-worthy pvp in them as well. But all in all, what makes all of these pve experience special or worth anything are the players.

Because the game no matter how pretty it is is dead without its players.

IWalkAlone and GreyRebel like this.
  18. BboydD

Doing vell on Sunday

GreyRebel likes this.
  19. LucidKill

Best PVE experience is grouping with friends to complete the Valtarra Training. It requires some group coordination and survival of multiple waves of enemies while protecting the multiple bases. It's a fun and challenging little quest series and has a nice XP reward.

#19 LucidKill, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    GreyRebel likes this.
  20. 6footgeeks

oh man, thoise were the days