1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your best PVE combat exprience

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GreyRebel, May 5, 2019.

1. Escapism

Was gonna say exactly the same, the Elite goblins/orcs/rhutum killed me a few times, I've even tried out different classes to find out with which I could kill those elites the easiest (or at all, I actually couldnt do it on the immobile wizard, the elite goblin fighter always oneshot him...). Thats how I originally ended up with tamer as main, as I felt she had it the easiest to kill the harder mobs (of all classes i tried) with the abilities to endlessly dash left/right while attacking and avoid incoming attacks, and Heilang actually felt useful as he used to often get the attention of the enemies, and even used to act and attack completely on his own without having to "command" him.

But tamer had 0 self-heal or sustain and had to use pots. So eventually at level 50, by rng-rerolling skill addons with memory fragments, finally getting those +HP/MP regen per hit on whiplash and void lighting.... Damn that felt so fkng great and completely changed how I could grind. Standing in the middle of a group of enemies and spamming void lightning to block their attacks while swoly healing myself back up was fkng amazing... almost nothing ever felt this awesome in any mmo I ever played.

When awakenings were announced and I heard witch/wizard would get a pet too, I switched to wizard as my main mainly because of that. Then awakenings came and everything turned ridiculous, obsolete, boring, and absolutely the same for every class.

GreyRebel and IWalkAlone like this.
  2. Rayin

In other games.

3. 6footgeeks

probably the first time i ran into the gahaz sorc. thought it was a player for a sec.

GreyRebel and Thelemna like this.
  4. LucidKill

So your best PvE experience was actually PvP? hmm

GreyRebel likes this.
  5. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

When wife and I got a quest to kill so many forest ronaros and we were only 160-170AP. Had to lure them out and kill them 1 or 2 at a time, and do them together. Far more fun to spend some time to kill hard monsters with a friend than one-shotting mobs of easy monsters. Just too bad there's nothing to reward that style of gameplay, like EXP bonus that scales directly with AP gap between player and monster.

GreyRebel and IWalkAlone like this.
  6. zhagsten

This fight too. I did it with low gear and it was a lot of fun.

GreyRebel likes this.
  7. venus212

vell ofc.

defaultnick85 likes this.
  8. Maginha

Farming manshas like the OP in RBF and enjoy forums afterwards

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i had lots of fun doing that quest (wasnt solo)on the sea where you chase the treasure... the great ocean questline i think it was called.

it was very fun (well, parts :D), we did it "by the book" - rafts & fishing boat from quest, no abuse of nodewar channels.... :D

edit: fck, didnt notice it was about combat pve experience :D

GreyRebel likes this.
  10. flukeSG1

The first time completing the Mediah storyline when it was released and you had to confront the Black Spirit and fight him. As someone who was paying attention to the storyline and the interactions with the Black Spirit, it felt very rewarding like an arc had just completed itself. The fight itself was very fun and at the time required you to pay attention, it was very engaging.

11. NVG

NVG

I loved valencia, the dunes, the sand, the ruins landscape, since I saw it in the trailers years ago.
    My favorite grinding spot was Bashims.

Never liked Fogans and Kamasylvia.

Now I am hoping and waiting for a snowy area where we can kill Yeti's and have snow all over the field, maybe ice to speed you up, freezing instead of desert disease, etc. , but instead we get underwater content :O

12. JustBeHappy

So i have been taking nr2 and reading forum, while my horsie fearlessly afk stormed trough Gahaz, where i gathered a green armor or weapon part, that ended up as nr2 of my fairy xD Delighted

13. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Afk at training dummies while i did my 1st dungeon in blade and soul and we got our asses whooped for 2 hours but finally made it through and got instant upgrades.

14. Findubar

Going at sausans with 220+ap.

15. Hyppocritten

Early days the Kzarka Shrine with the blocks & mages, I was falling behind and had to solo clear lesser spots. Now nothing tbh cause I play casual. I don't have to push myself... .

16. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

>implying PVE "content" is engaging and fun.

lol