1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your opinion on "Combat Power"

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by IRustyI, Apr 10, 2018.

1. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

My thoughts exactly but lets not pretend the cash/grinding neeeded to buy/make cron stones is not a significant investment of time/effort. The whales are going to be e-peening it for a good while until the slowpokes can catch up. At least there's a point of catchup in sight for slowpokes though as opposed to a misty blur of punishing RNG.

A target you can see is much more welcome, imo.

2. Escapism

People will finally be able to see in advance if someone else has 200 GS less, so they wont be able to complain and whine constantly about how they got griefed and were losing 200k karma "defending" their spot.

Crijix likes this.
  3. Zegram

Oh for sure, if I had to throw out guesses I'd say 2-4 months is reasonable per PEN. But the fact that there is an end goal that you can work toward is much better in my opinion.

WastedJoker likes this.
  4. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Yup!

On the flipside, if you're massively overgeared compared to the other person in the spot then you won't care about losing karma because they could never kill you back/get you low enough to die to mobs.

I'm just curious about the PvE changes they're introducing which they say will reduce spot competition.

5. RuleR

OVER 9000 !!!
    Can't believe no one said it so far :S

The thought that I might get a PEN Dande is nice I guess, showing power level ... well at least you know what you're fighting/killing,if I see some low level pleb griefing my spot, I'll think twice before attacking, at least now I know I will lose that much karma.

Changes, changes, changes ... like, I don't really know what to aim for in this game, even if I decide to go for something they keep on changing and changing again.

6. Solsi

Showing gear score needs to be optional. Showing gear is also optional in pretty much every mmorpg on the market for a good reason.

Not everyone wants to flaunt their stuff or gear. Especially not PvP'ers normally, because they value the element of surprise.

Only positive aspect is being able to calculate karma loss, before attacking someone I guess.

I don't wanna show gear score personally, because gonna get even more whispers from random Steam ppl asking me to join a crappy new NV guild they made 2 days ago XO

About Cron enhancement, I can't say much since I don't know the cost or how it's gonna work. But if they simultaneously introduce unrestricted costume melting for Cron Stones I'm 100% out. I will quit instantly no looking back. Not wasting my time with full out trashy p2w mmos.

IRustyI likes this.
  7. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

Which is why its always safe to stack silver and never ever sell tet pieces as metas change

8. IRustyI

I play both servers. Well, this will be patched pretty soon.
    What's your problem?

it will be patched pretty soon. What's wrong with asking opinion on what people think in regards to the upcoming patch?

This is "General Discussion" forum.

I don't sound freaking out do i?

You sound freaking out at my post right now.

I read them all ! ( Even some people who are mad at me for no reason )

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts :)

I can see many valid points.

Thanks all :)

#28 IRustyI, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018
  9. residente

Me couldn't smash smash bad guy with defense gear
    but now me can!!
    me so happy!

10. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

Im just going to wait, before I draw any conclusion - I can't form a good opinion without actually having experienced it.

11. IRustyI

Nicely put.
    I don't know why they are so mad at me.

T800 likes this.
  12. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

So, are you saying that console players are too dumb, to figure out the concept of multiple builds? Alrighty. Here we go.

13. IRustyI

"PVP server"

"True pvp players"

Wolves?? What???

Every BDO server is PVP server...

and What the hell is with the wovles man lol

what are you getting at

14. IRustyI

yeap fair enough.

15. Ljungen

I would rather like them to implement "inspect" function instead so that you can check other people's gear :)

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

ghillie suits sales are about to rise

Fearless V likes this.
  17. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

but what if they rework how stats are shown? maybe hidden dr and evasion will be counted properly now. that would make it ok i guess?

18. Spartakatz

Combat power? Works pretty well, I just tested it in BDO2, but now back to the present, my time machine broke.

19. LightsOut

Not really. Bdo is a great game because it allows new players to catch up to old players by having a lot of catch up mechanics and soft caps. The first step they did in the wrong direction was by making AP scale exponentially after 247. This is a direct blow to soft caps and to catch up mechanics as effectively 1 AP of a high geared player scales better than 1 AP point of a less geared player. Now on top of that they add another mechanic for in which for basically 1 AP you get 1 DR for free if you are above a certain gear score.

Adding both changes together results in 1 point of AP of a geared player being worth more than 2.5 AP of a less geared player. It also kills all evasion / dr / accuracy builds because of the simple fact that having more evasion / dr or accuracy in all cases means having less AP. And AP will be way more valuable than anything else in the meta introduced with this patch.

20. Kusaragii

Vegeta... what does the scouter say about his power level?...