1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerker Q Buff

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Kauni, May 18, 2019.

1. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Hello,

I heared several times that zerker has no perma kd during Q buff, where does that come from?

2. Suplexu

The Berserker Q buff, Titan Syndrome allows you to instantly cast any charge skills in the Buster skill Tree for the duration, those skills being Flame Buster, Flow: Ancient Power, Titan Blow and Flow: Ancient Wave.

The primary thing its used for is spamming full charged Flame Buster shots which aren't possible to do without also having Flow: Ancient Power on cooldown more or less relegating them to only being available during TS.
    upload_2019-5-19_0-38-36.png

For awhile the skill allowed the down smash to work on CD. Despite being limited by the stamina cost of cancelling the skill with either shake off or evasion, there was a potential for 15+ second smash combos.
    This bug was fixed months ago, but people still screech about it as although it's still in the game and not gated by a 3 minute cooldown.

3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

So a KD on second shot like that should not be possible?
    https://streamable.com/q7xm0

4. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

I don't play Berserker. But isn't that just Titan Syndrome activating Ancient Power instantly? To my understanding. Ancient Power doesn't have a cooldown. You just have to wait for Flame Buster to load. Then load Ancient Power afterwards

5. Suplexu

The cooldown of Flame Buster is soft and it doesn't reset when used on cooldown. So if the first shot happened while the skill was still on cooldown and the second one was not, that's perfectly normal behaviour.

Ancient Power has a hard 13 second cooldown. You cant use a fully charged Flame Buster without having Ancient Power on cooldown first, but it is possible to pre-fire Flame Buster to line the cooldowns to end right after an Ancient Power shot.
    upload_2019-5-19_17-15-33.png

The primary boost in damage Flame Buster receives is that when full charged, the skill goes from 2 hits to 3, a 50% damage boost that isn't really available outside of Titan Syndrome's buff due to it requiring having to charge Flame Buster, then Flow: Ancient Power, then full charging Flame buster again. You are looking at a good 6 second worth of stationary charge times.

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

The first shot was not on CD, the second one was tho. It was also not the first test.

7. Tvvin

Tvvin Ninja 62

Oh really? Ima go test Berserker out

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

comes from the land of bullsh13t if we r gonna go by ingame experience (and explanations) ;)

9. Suplexu

I actually got the time sit down and test this and sure enough, was able to replicate it.

While the Titan Syndrome buff is active, Flame Buster has an additional hit attached to it. This additional attack will always deal zero damage but has a knockdown associated with it that will trigger while the skill is on cooldown. The knockdown also has some special properties attached to it, while it is able to cause the initial CC on a PVP target, it is not able to trigger followup CCs and also does not appear to have any smashes associated with it.

The attack appears to be attached to Titan Syndrome mechanically, but its hard to say for sure given the lack of a reasonable testing environment in this game and that actually testing this can only be done a few times every 3 minutes.

Not sure if this is an intended property of Titan Syndrome or not, there's no ingame indication of it being so.

Either way I'm going to throw a ticket in about it and added it to the list on the bug thread.

#9 Suplexu, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Not really sure if I understood you correctly here, as you can see in the clip he is only spamming 1 skill and it does damage and cc, also on the second hit.

11. Suplexu

I may have been a bit long winded with my explanation. Normally full charged Flame Buster hits 3 times, during Titan Syndrome there is a extra hit with the CC on it that always deals zero damage.

12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Ah I see. You mean Flame Buster has several hits where one of these hits does no damage but always CC (during Q buff only)?

13. Squallity

In the clip u've shown, after the Q buff almost always the first shot is Ancient power which is KD then the 2nd shot is a fully charged Flame buster which is a KD also, but then a zerk wont be able to KD u for like 6 sec at least since ancient power is 13sec and flame buster is 6 sec.

to make things clear, after a q buff the First 2 shots are both confirmed cc's since they are 2 different skills, 1st is ancient power and the 2nd is fully charged FB. to notice the difference between the skills look at the explosion on the 1st hit which is WAY bigger than the 2nd one

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

To make things really clear: No.

It's always flame buster only, nothing else. Here another clip since it seems no zerker was able to test it himself yet. Kinda fun some zerkers think they have nerfed Q buff but turn into timing maniacs with their KD... No.
    You guys just still have perma KD on fb during Q buff.

https://streamable.com/1d3d7

#14 Kauni, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  15. Squallity

not a single time did someone say we're a timing KD maniacs, we obivously arent since we spam the hell out of Flame buster. but there was a mention before that we do have downsmash on every single hit during the q buff. what surprises me actualy is that the 3rd hit did KD. i wouldn't lie that was a surprise for me aswell. i'll try to make a video showing CD's and upload it later

16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

i dont think anyone who was on the other side of zerk spam is surprised by that.

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I did not say that you said that. It's just my own experience... met some zerkers who actually thought they would time their KDs in my protection gaps while spamming 1 skill :-)
    (I was bit too salty here maybe, I apologize for that)
    The perma KD on Q buff is still in the game which I obviously knew for a fact before making the thread, I was just curious if the zerkers gonna actually admit it.

18. Squallity

i can assure you most zerks agree that Q buff is busted and OP as ****, that's why u rarely see a good zerk using it in 1v1 situations because we know it gives us a huge advantage. problem is, the class is really bad to the point that q buff is justified even if it's still broken. we'll gladly trade decent buffs on the rest of the kit and nerf the q buff. let's just hope with the recent surveys something good will turn up

Rionat, Törni, Chawski and 2 others like this.
  19. Törni

If you have taken the time to visit the class discord and ask it there, anyone would have given you the right answer. Do not get the idea of class discords being biased, cause apparently you will find much more reasonable and honest answers there (and that not only true for zerk, but for most others as well), than on these forum, which is full of bullshitting and clueless trolls with bad intentions.

At least that was my experience so far.

20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I was on 2 class discords and the knowledge of the people there was horrible. Like 99% useless/wrong and/or beyond average and the 1% actually fine. I left both.
    Not saying forums are better tho, I was more trolling here with this thread and not actually expecting people to give proper response.